Tuesday, December 28

Happy New Year!

A new year is on your door, sealed up tight, wrapped up with curiosity and hope, holding mysterious days for you to live. It's beautifully designed, yet unpredictable. You're curious to open it, but you're afraid of what you are to witness. You're opening it anyway. And you're grateful it came to your door.


Three days and a whole new year begins. Three days and you'll be gifted another 12 months, 52 weeks, 365 days and 52,600 hours of happiness, struggle, progress, growth and experience.

Three days and the year that five years ago I thought was a year that's too far away will begin. It's a year I thought was in the long future. I couldn't even think of it as a possible year coming. And here it is, I've lived to watch myself living to year 2011.

And I don't know what to think. Should I be happy? I know I'm grateful that I lived this long. It's just that the years have passed too quickly. I regret the day that passed without living it to the fullest. Sometimes I do wish to rewind my days to set things right or to just stay living the happy memorable moments I have lived and make them even more memorable. I admit, I'm a little scared of what 2011 has for me. I've never been scared of a coming year like this before. But this year I am, for I don't have any clue of what's ahead of me. Whenever I try to think, I go blank. Yes, I have some plans, but I have no idea how will they go!

That was watching 2011 coming. But watching 2010 going is also exactly the same. It was a year that I was longing for so long, and it did come, and here it's going without leaving a notice. I can't remember like today a year ago, I can't remember how or when it started. I can't recall all that has been through the year. But to think what was the best that happened to me in 2010, I think a big part of my life has changed. There's only one thing on my mind that I've achieved through this year, and it's the best of all. It's a thing that will stay forever in my memories.

I feel like I'm stuck between two years. One I'm totally scared to go through, and another I'm wishing to rewind to keep it in my memories a bit longer. But there's only one way to take and it's moving forward. It seems like it needs a courageous man to keep moving on a path without knowing what the next step will look like. But here I am ready and willing to face 2011 with every faith I have that this year will be an outstanding one. I'm not giving up today.

And to learn from the past. I'm marking today in my memory to remember it next year, inshaa'Allah.

I wish you a Happy New Year full of happiness, success, many memorable days and great achievements.

A new year is unfolding like a blossom with petals curled tightly concealing the beauty within.