Monday, November 22

Character of the week: Confucius « Paulo Coelho's Blog

Character of the week: Confucius « Paulo Coelho's Blog


  • By three methods we may learn wisdom:First, by reflection, which is noblest;Second, by imitation, which is easiest;and third by experience, which is the bitterest.
  • Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
  • Do not impose on others what you yourself do not desire.
    Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.
  • Faced with what is right, to leave it undone shows a lack of courage.
  • He who learns but does not think, is lost! He who thinks but does not learn is in great danger.
  • I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
  • If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one and imitate them, and the bad points of the other and correct them in myself.
  • It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.
  • It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get.
  • It is more shameful to distrust our friends than to be deceived by them.
  • Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
  • Look at the means which a man employs, consider his motives, observe his pleasures. A man simply cannot conceal himself!
  • Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself.
  • Never give a sword to a man who can’t dance.
  • Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change.

Confucius
(born around 551 B.C.) was a Chinese thinker and philosopher.


No comments: